Monday, February 25, 2008

ARGH!!

I am friggin done. DONE.

I seriously do not understand the mindset of a deadbeat. And if someone could please explain it to me I would truly appreciate it.

The stunt he pulled this weekend was the final straw. He called here fri morning telling me that he could not take Emma because he had a bachelor party weekend to go to at Tremblanc and that he had to go because he is in the wedding party.

That was it. never called back. Nothing.

Finally at 830 this evening he decided to call me. Of course puts the blame on me. I will not ruin his friends wedding and he does everything for me. Everything? What exactly is everything? ‘I take her every weekend for you to go out and I drive you places on Friday nights’

For me to go out… well lets look at this now shall we. The reason you take her every weekend is because you have not paid me a dime in child support in almost 2 years and if I go out when my child is not here, last I checked, is my F**KING business! Is there a memo I missed? Is going out with friends when your child is not here now on the bad parenting list?

And the driving me places. Well. It us usually one of 2 places, my friends house around the corner and towards the 417 west (that he has to take) or to another friends house in the south end which allows him to take Hunt Club and get home that much quicker.

Now this weekend coming up is the actual wedding. I asked him if it was an R rated adult only wedding. He said no. I said well then there is no reason why you cant take her if you cant find a sitter. ‘I am in the wedding party, don’t be such an idiot Joylinn and I will not ruin Gords wedding for you’. That’s right. Ruin. Ruined by having his child with him. But I quickly responded with ‘your girl friend is not in the wedding party so guess what, she can sit with your daughter’

But taking her would mean that he cant get drunk to the point of illness and might actually have to leave at a decent hour to be responsible and heaven forbid that happens.

So I am done. I have placed calls today to get letters that I already know I need to apply for Legal Aid and will be calling thru to them tomorrow to ask if there is anything else so that I am well prepared.

Court Round 2. yes 2. This is the second time I have to go thru this and I have a feeling it will not be the last. But I will be going in on fire and will not back down for anything. Last time I was at a very fragile emotional state with dealing with his court papers that were not even about him but his mom wanting visitation, then my mom had come out of the closet and I was constantly at therapy with Emma at the time and working nights.

This time there will be no screwing around. I will demand the government garnish his wages in order for me to get paid and I will still stay with the every weekend off. He thinks I cant do that and has tried to tell me that no judge or lawyer would ever give me such a thing. And just for telling me that, that is what I will go for. And I am not budging. It is still not even close to being half the month therefore it would still not affect the amount of money he would have to pay me.

And then to top it all off there will be time enforcements for pick up and drop off that will be assisted by the police if need be.

Sound a little harsh? Maybe. But live in my shoes and you would be doing the same

3 comments:

Brandy Jackson said...

That doesn't sound harsh at all. You deserve child support AND a father who will take her on the weekends. That is bullshit, I feel for you.

Amanda K. said...

I have no doubt you'll win in court. I'm just sorry for all of you that's it had to come to that *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Ug. What a mess.

One thing to keep in mind though.... what if he only RSVP for 2? Then there will be no place (or meal)for her. Seating arrangements have long since been done. Final numbers have been submitted.

Obviously he should have thought of this stuff before but now you're stuck thinking of the possibilities and I'd hate for Emma to get there and feel like she shouldn't be.