Monday, May 12, 2008

Whew

It's hard to believe that last week at this time I was in the hospital having an NST done. Tomorrow Thomas will be one week old.

I think I am being a typical over protective mother. My list of breast feeding sides, times, poo's, pees and sleeps grows longer every day. Keeping track helps my brain, but also adds to my freak outs.

I worry about everything. My boy has slept all day. I woke him up twice to feed, but he isn't really interested. I try not to panic, but it's hard. Yesterday he was up for most of the day, then had a good night of eating and sleeping. I fear tonight he will be up.

Breastfeeding is another story. So far so good. He latches pretty well concidering he is slightly tongue tied. My milk came in as well, and I am trying to establish a steady supply. I don't really know much about breastfeeding, except to plop him on when he cries, so far it works. Except he falls asleep half way though and sometimes no amount of "bugging" gets him to suck more.

I should stop worrying. I spend more time crying over nothing then enjoying being a mom. I am doing everything they say, I have started eating more, cleaning less, and started walking again. I hope this helps lift the baby blues.

Hubby is back to work. He is away tonight, and probably tomorrow night too. I try not to think about it too much. Aside from that, all is well here.

1 comment:

Joylinn R said...

talk to amanda about breast feeding.. she is our resident boobie pro.

when Emma would fall asleep at the boob, which she did often and in no time flat, i would freak thinking she wouldnt get enough or whatever.

a nurse told me to strip her down to her diaper. it worked. when she was fully clothed and against my warm body she would nuzzle into that boob and pass right out.

witht he cool air on her back it kept her a little more alert for a while to get a decent feeding and semi awake burping in.